Suggest remedies for severe productive cough and high fever in an infant
examination by doctor is a must.
Can understand your concerns.
By what you quote it seems that your child is suffering from wheeze associated lower respiratory tract infection.
An x ray chest should be done.
If I were your treating doctor, then I would have given
-syrup cefpodoxime (5ml=50 mg) 4 ml three times a day for 3 days
- cough syrup for 3 days
- nebulization with duolin respule should be given.
However, since child has severe cough and wheezing, i suggest you to get the child examined by a doctor.
I hope this will help you.
Chericof or cheston CS syrup
Welcome once again.
You can use cough syrups like Chericof, cheston CS, asthakind syrup.
Duolin respules should be used single respule.
However, since these are prescription drugs, I advice you to meet the local doctor to confirm the diagnosis and for dosage of drugs.
If there is no improvement in symptoms or there is increase in respiratory distress or fast breathing, then you should visit a doctor immediately.
Also if symptoms persist an x ray chest should be done.
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggestions for productive cough and breathlessness
- Productive cough no fever
- Causes of high fever in infants
- Suggest treatment for dry non productive cough
- What is the remedy for the tonsillitis and productive cough
- High fever mild cough
- Suggest treatment for productive cough
- Infant with productive cough
- Severe non productive cough with metallic taste
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment