Suggest remedies for severe pain while swallowing with fever and cold

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi.im having lot of pain in throat while i swallow..have cold andnskight fever as well. Feeling aches in body too. Is it viral ? Im on epileptic and anxiety drugs keppa 500, pregablin 75 twice a day..gabapentin nt..ivabradine 5 mg to slow down the heartbeat..
What medicine can i take to get some relief..
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acute pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
You can probably having pharyngitis. Please send me the pictures of your throat so that I can suggest you better.
Secondly get a throat swab for culture sensitivity done.
take hexidine gargles.
Take an oral antibiotic and anti inflammatory tablet.
take vitamin c once daily
Take tablet paracetamol for fever.
All the medicines I have prescribed are available only on prescription.
Follow up with the pictures.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 41 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
I have attached pic of my throat.. Please let me know the medicines so that I can start taking them. Due to this Iam unable to go to work and this is hampering my productivity.

Thanks
Shailly
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acute pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The pictures attached are showing palate only. The tonsils or posterior phartngeal wall is not visible. Please send me the pictures again.
Thanks in advance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy