Suggest remedies for severe pain on left-sided rib cage
Costochondritis can be the most likely cause.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to costochondritis.
Do you have pain while palpation on the rib area. ?
Is there any cough. ?
Better to have an ecg examination to rule out cardiac problems to be on safe side. Chest X ray should be taken to rule out pleurisy (irritation of pleura) also.
For costochondritis you can apply gels containing NSAIDs like diclofenac or ketoprofen , methyl salicylate and capsaicin. Giving warm compress is also good. If no improvement then local injection of corticosteroids or anesthetic will be helpful.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is recommended to cure severe pain in rib cage
- Suggest remedy for child with severe pain in ribs
- Suggest remedy for severe pain in the knee
- Severe pain in my left and right side rib cage
- Severe pain in left side of abdomen
- Getting severe pain in testicle suggest some remedy
- What is the remedy for severe pain in rib cage
- Severe pain in my left and right side rib cage and the pain
- Severe pain on left side of forehead
- Severe pain right rib cage