Suggest remedies for severe pain in hand and wrist
You require detailed imaging evaluation to know inflammation in the wrist
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Sorry to hear about your pain and discomfort. Hope you make a quick recovery. The wrist joint is made of bones, muscles and ligaments. I find that you recently had a cat bite on your wrist for which you are being treated. The wound is mentioned as a laceration of about an inch and can cause damage to muscles and ligaments at the wrist.
2. I see patients with problems like you regularly and a detailed imaging evaluation of the painful area is required to know the cause of persisting pain and limitation of movements. When a patient has a history similar to yours then it is important to know about any infection or inflammatory condition in the muscles and ligaments of the wrist which is causing pain and discomfort.
3. The details of the muscles and ligaments can be known by doing a MRI scan of the wrist joint. Probably your condition requires more than physical therapy for treatment.
4. Pain level of 6 to 8 is significant and it is suggested that you discuss with your doctor the need for detailed evaluation including MRI imaging to know if your small muscles and ligaments at the wrist are inflamed.
5. You can discuss with your ortho or seek another opinion keeping in mind that you require detailed evaluation of the muscles and ligaments in your wrist and to know any persisting infection or inflammation related to the cat bite you had some days back which persisted even after treatment with oral antibiotics.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain during intercourse suggestions
- Suggest remedy for child with severe pain in ribs
- Severe pain in vein in hand
- Sudden sever pain in wrist
- Suggest remedy for severe pain in the knee
- Sudden severe pain in hand
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Suggest remedy for severe pain in penis after ejaculation
- Getting severe pain in testicle suggest some remedy
- Severe pain in the hand tissue