• question-icon

Suggest remedies for severe pain in back, legs and knees

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am in EXTREME pain to my back legs & knees
I have had three surgical interventions which has proved no help at all
I have been under the pain team who have tried so many drugs none of which has given me any relief at all
I am at the end of my tether even considering taking an over dose,
but this would cause great distress to my family
any advice PLEASE
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Epidural analgesia can be considered.

Detailed Answer:
The extreme pain in back and legs and knees is likely to be due to a nerve related cause. Chronic pains are generally hard to treat. If the pain killers are not helping the epidural analgesia and alternative therapies like acupuncture or TENS can be tried. You can discuss about these options with your pain specialist. If pregabalin is not helping the Gabapentin can be considered. Regular hot compress also helps in reducing such pains.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon