Suggest remedies for severe nausea and severe turbulence after a flight journey

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: Hi,

Sorry to be a bother. But I suffered severe nausea for 10 hours on a flight from Dubai to XXXXXXX due to severe turbulence. I really do not wish this repeated on my next flight in 4 days back to Dubai. Flying never bothers me normally. Can anything help stop this?

Much appreciated,

XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stress/ Food induced Gastritis with severe nausea-From ?Jet Lag

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear !! Thanks for your query to HCM.
I reviewed facts of your query in context to your health issues and feel concerned about them.
My Primary Opinion-
In My opinion, in the given situation you seem to suffer from-Jet Lag with stress of time zone crossed lately.Other causes like Acute Stress of exhaustive flights along with ? Gastritis with ? IBS,needs to be ruled out.
The acute stress and hectic work schedules with changed lifestyle and diet style seems to have caused stress induced gasrtitis which seems to flared up with food induced Gastritis.
Other causes need to be ruled out,after getting more details from you.

Do's Suggested-
If your bowel movements are good-
PPI like Tab pantoprazole with Domperidone-1 x 2 times a day.
Plenty of fluids and adequate sleep to recoup time zone stress.
Tab melatonin-2 mg -2 hrs before sleeping- to regulate the sleep cycle disturbance from East to west travel time lag causing travel zone stress.
Check for any food induced infectious-causes and treat it with antibiotics with script from aerodrome doctors.
Reschedule the flight programme to reduce severe nausea,which caused throw ups in last flight.

If you want to update more details and ask more update queries ,
You are most Welcome herewith !!

Good Day!!

Wishing Good Healthy Life in time to come!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad