Suggest remedies for severe itching over the body after discontinuing Seroquel

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have run out of my Seraquel XR and am waiting for the refill from the pharmaceutical company. I have developed a severe itch all over my body but no rash. Could this be due to not taking my Seraquel for a week?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, seroquel abrubt withdrawal causes a wide range of symptoms . these symptoms iinclude itching all over the body. you can decrease the itching by having cold showers and application of calamine lotion. other withdrawal symptoms include: increased heart rate, sleeping problems, hypersensitivity to sounds, nausea and vomiting , irritability and mood swings, concentration problems, headaches, dizziness and fatigue. gradually decreasing the dose will easen these symptoms. I hope I answered your question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana