question-icon

Suggest remedies for severe cough

Posted on Mon, 9 May 2016
Question: hi I am having foot surgery next Monday Feb 29th and ive had a bad cough for about 10 days, its better but I still have the cough and a little flem. what should I do to get rid of this by then. ive tried robitussin and mucinex. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Get done chest x ray to rule out lung infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should get done chest x ray to rule out lung infection.. You are having cough which is chronic and not improving with routine cough treatment. So better to rule out lung infection.
So get done chest x ray.
You may need antibiotic drug.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health . Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist