question-icon

Suggest remedies for severe cough, vomiting and acidity

Posted on Sat, 14 May 2016
Question: I've been coughing a lot this past week, so much that it makes me almost throw up a lot. So stomach acid has been going up my esophagus. Now I can feel that my lower esophagus feels a little tender or sore. Will this go away on it's own? It's a minor ache, but enough for me to notice. I am hoping that it will heal on its own though.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Also take pantoprazole.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Yes, this will mostly heal by its own, but better to take pantoprazole tablet twice daily on empty stomach to heal it faster.
Also follow these for faster recovery.
1. Avoid stress and tension.
2. Avoid hot and spicy food. Avoid junk food.
3. Avoid large meals, instead take frequent small meals.
4. Keep 2 - 3 pillows under head in the bed to prevent reflux of acid.
5. Quit smoking and alcohol if you have these habits.
Don't worry, you will be alright.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist