Suggest remedies for severe chest pain

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello I am a healthy 44 year old female, I have had severe heartburn/chest pain so my gastro doctor ordered an ecg prior to an upper endoscopy. The lady that performed the echo said that I was "good", but before the procedure my gastro doctor said that he thought it showed signs of WPW. I had a cardiologist appt already booked due to the heartburn and chest pain but it is still a week away. I am going crazy thinking I have a serious heart condition. I had a full cardiac workup by a cardiologist that specializes in arrhythmias 18 years ago when a friend of mine had a heart issue and I got scared and insisted on the workup. Questions- wouldn't the specialist have caught this 18 years ago when I had all the tests ran ( echo, ecg, 24hr holter, stress test? Question - does my each look like WPW? The gastro doc admitted he didn't really know what he was looking at and the cardiologist would likely say it's nothing. Thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload ecg.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Answers to your questions are-
1)In WPWsyndrome,there is an extra electrical pathway between your heart upper chambers and lower chambers which causes a rapid heartbeat.This accessory pathway of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome is present at birth,so if cardiac check up was done earlier doctors would have caught it.
2)Please upload the ecg so that i can have a look whether it's WPW or not.If you are having problem uploading ecg mail it to me at YYYY@YYYY or feel free to contact customer care.
3)Most likely your gastroenterologist has interpreted the ecg wrong.
Please attach a copy of ecg to clear doubts.
Dr Rishu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 8 minutes later
Thank you attached is the ecg
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal EKG

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Its not WPW.
Features of WPW are- XXXXXXX wave
Abnormally short PR interval.
Long QRS.
your PR and QRS are normal and XXXXXXX waves can not be seen.
Normal EKG in normal sinus rhythm.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 14 minutes later
Thank you very much you hav eased my mind significantly. Thank you again. e
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
welcome!