• question-icon

Suggest remedies for severe bleeding caused by bursting bumps on the veins

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, Earlier this month I wrote for help with another problem; they may or may not be connected. Apparently, I had Permetherin ??sp. resistant scabies infestation/infection. I used two doses orally of Ivermectin 1% (2cc each time) on 3/11/16 and on 3/16/16. I washed clothing, bedding, ect. and sprayed all areas with insecticidal product for lice, bedbugs and mite treatments. This seemed to cure the scabies mite infestation well with no side effects. All scabies bites and lesions were above my waist. Now I have afterwards small, scabs or clots just below the thin skin on my left shin. No itching or anything. They are in or on some varicose veins just under the skin. If I accidentally scratch or bump one of them(there are 3)severe bleeding occurs, in a small, squirting stream and running down my lower leg, the squirting stream seems to squirt with force in sync with my heartbeat. I have never had clotting problems, but it takes about 1box of Kleenex, 1roll of paper towels, and a hand towel to get the bleeding under control enough to bandage. Then it is fine, clots and all until next time I bump or scratch it.

I have terrible red scars from the scabies incident on both arms, shoulders, chest, back of my neck, across upper abdomen, and 2or3 spots on my face. Do you think MedermaPM will help or do you suggest something else? All are healed closed but a small few that still have small scabs on them.

Now I have ( only on the fronts of both thighs ) crater like sores, deeper in the center, were a little yellowish in the center like dried pus and with really red borders. They all are round and of different sizes. They are very slow in healing. I have tried everything but calamine lotion, which I am going to try tonight at bedtime. Are they contagious? Sound like an STD?? They are not itchy, painful or anything. Just look really bad!! I use antibacterial dial soap on them and usually either triple antibiotic, bacitracin, triamcinolone, or Curad Silver Solutions ointments on them. None seem to help. Can't use bandaids.
There is a walk in lab I can use. Should I request any testing? I am a 50 year old female, just lost 35 lbs in the last approx. 2 mos. (intentionally) still overweight, have rumatoid ??sp. arthritis diagnosed recently. I am hetero-sexually active and have had trichiamoniasis infection twice. Was treated with metroniadazole. I have high blood pressure and am bi-polar both controlled with meds. No new meds.

Thanks in advance, hope I have provided needed info. contact me with any questions. Sorry this was so long to read but Dr. in office are not very thorough nor do they spend much time or even listen. Yet you still get that same huge XXXXXXX and incomplete treatment.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pics upload please

Detailed Answer:

Let me answer your questions quickly.

1) Now I have afterwards small, scabs or clots just below the thin skin on my left shin. No itching or anything. They are in or on some varicose veins just under the skin. If I accidentally scratch or bump one of them(there are 3)severe bleeding occurs, in a small, squirting stream and running down my lower leg, the squirting stream seems to squirt with force in sync with my heartbeat. I have never had clotting problems, but it takes about 1box of Kleenex, 1roll of paper towels, and a hand towel to get the bleeding under control enough to bandage. Then it is fine, clots and all until next time I bump or scratch it.

ANS=== That's a huge lot of effort to control bleeding this is definitely abnormal. I do not think these are scabies or sequel of scabies. They sound to be hemangioma inside the skin. It would be good if you can shoot a pic of these lesions on the left leg and upload them here.

Do you think MedermaPM will help or do you suggest something else? All are healed closed but a small few that still have small scabs on them.
ANS== I do not think you need another medication to heal rest of them. They are taking more time than normal but ultimately heal. MedermaPM is not required.

crater like sores, deeper in the center, were a little yellowish in the center like dried pus and with really red borders. They all are round and of different sizes. They are very slow in healing. I have tried everything but calamine lotion, which I am going to try tonight at bedtime. Are they contagious? Sound like an STD??

ANS== They are not STD's. They sound to be skin ulcers. If there is serous fluid from a fresh ulcer it can be tested at the lab to know the organism causing it. I think you should see a Dermatologist for these. Once we know the organism we can say if they are contagious to others or other areas of the same body.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar