Suggest remedies for severe back pain and pain around the vagina

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I am having severe back pain and pain around my vagina as if its being stretched. I had to carry my 3 yr old son for a long time today as he is sick.i am 37 weeks pregnant.can u pease suggest wht can i do to relieve the pain?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rest will help reduce pain. Medicines can be dangerous

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) The pain you are feeling could be an indication of your delivery process to be starting. This vaginal stretching is an indication of beginning of delivery process.

2) As of now no medicines are required and there is no way to relieve pain.

3) Taking any medicines can aggravate the labor pain and other possible complications to baby.

4) Taking good rest will reduce the pain. Let me know if you need anymore help.