Suggest remedies for severe anxiety

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Im getting a tatoo my blood pressure is high due to anxiety can i take half my klonapini have from dr at night before or is that bad and should i take after
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and would explain that clonazepam may lead to increased sleepiness and dizziness.

For this reason, I would recommend taking instead alprazolam (Xanax) 0.5mg during to help against anxiety during the tatoo procedure.

This drug does not cause increased sleepiness and dizziness and is very helpful against episodes of anxiety.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 minutes later
I have .5mg pills of Klonapine and only instructed to take half. So should I before due to high anxiety. I'm going in now and don't have the other
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

This is a low dose and you can take it before the tattoo, as you can not take any other drugs. I don't think that any serious adverse effect with happen with such a dose.

Anyway, I would recommend being careful after the tatoo. If you will feel dizzy (because of the pain and anxiety, coupled with clonazepam intake), it will be better to have some rest or being accompanied by someone home.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Wishing good health,

Dr. Iliri