Suggest remedies for ring worm infection of the skin

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: how can i kill skin ringworn
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ringworm or fungal infections: various guidance and suggestions.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for ring worm of skin. It appears that this is a recurrent type of fungal infection which is occurring again and again.

Fungal infections are common type of infections which can affect anybody at any site. But more commonly it affects the areas which are more prone for sweating or moist areas. More specifically these are related to the hygiene and environmental factors.

Due to hot and humid climate or due to tight and synthetic clothing,it leads to growth of fungus at any part of the body.

We are experiencing a high number of cases of ringworm or fungal infections these days because of abrupt change in weather and self medications which causes fungal resistance.

In my patients I suggest following measures :

- Keep your self away from hot and humid climate.

- Take two times bath.

- Wear cotton clothes and cotton undergarments to be changed two times a day. Do not wear any synthetic or tight garments.

- Do not sit continuously for long hours.

- Iron your clothes from inside so that the fungal cells and the yeast cells get destroyed. Iron even your undergarments too.

- Use two towels during bathing. Mop with one towel first and then again mop with another towel after that so that the skin gets completely dry.

-Don't try to scratch or rub the area as can lead to further aggravation of the problem. Trim your nails regularly as these contains fungal spores in its inner edge.

- In my patients I suggest them to apply latest anti-fungal creams such as Amorolfine or Luliconazole. Do not apply any steroid cream as can cause more aggravation of the problem after temporary relief.

I additionally suggest my patients to take anti-fungal tablets such as itraconazole 100 mg or terbinafine 250 mg two times or as per body weight for at least 4-6 weeks or as per response.

You can meet a dermatologist and get these prescribed for complete relief.

"Wish you good health and early recovery from the problem"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 40 minutes later
I get it from sex..what about yeast cell i have?
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yeast cells. gets destroyed by complete treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Welcome back and thanks for posting your further concern.

The yeast cells also get destroyed by proper antifungal therapy. The most important part in your kind of problem is a full course of antifungal treatment. If an inadequate treatment is taken the there are high chances of recurrence.

Further the mode of infection as in your case the sexual intercourse is also to be made safer. It could be done by using a protection in form of condoms.

The personal hygiene as described in previous mail is also very important to prevent the further aggravation or recurrence.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 29 minutes later
mean med for the ringworm can work for the yeast cell?
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yeast cells gets destroyed by antifungal treatment.

Detailed Answer:

Yeast cells are a form of fungal cells. There are very much sensitive to antifungal treatment. If a proper treatment of complete course is taken then the yeast cells gets destroyed.

Meet a dermatologist and get the proper medications prescribed.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 8 hours later
ok
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wish you good health

Detailed Answer:

Thanks a lot for using our forum. I wish good healthy life ahead.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases.