Suggest remedies for redness on the chin in a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Child Health
Question:
My 8 months old daughter is getting redness on her chin and cheek, which usually gets reduced by applying Vaseline.. however it has been more than a month and it continues to happen.. is this normal? We are currently in XXXXXXX and it is cold and dry climate here.. attaching a picture
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use aloe vera lotion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached image. Incidentally such redness can either be due to dryness or could have an allergic component associated, something that is often seen in dry and cold climate. Vaseline and stuff like that preserved the water already present but does not otherwise moisten the skin. So, rather than using Vaseline I would insist on use of moisturizers like aloe vera lotion which hydrates the skin. if the problem persists, I would also insist you to discuss with your doctor whether Syr. Montair LC (monteleukast + levocetirizine) needs to be given.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D