Suggest remedies for red spots on the fingers

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Getting small red spots on fingers on fingers last 2-3 days
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Are they tender? Do you have a fever?

Detailed Answer:

This is suggestive of a viral infection. These spots are usually self limiting and would resolve spontaneously.

However, if you do have a fever and do inject drugs, it could represent an infection in the heart. In this case, I will strongly recommend that you seek immediate consultation for thorough evaluation and management.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 hours later
Wouldn’t say tender, maybe slightly more sensitive. But not by much. I do have a high tolerance to pain. No fever. Have been on a drinking binge since my grandmother passed for about 6 days. May or may not make a difference. Trying to make sure I’m not doing myself in. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Drinking binge might not help you!

Detailed Answer:

Accept my condolences on the passing away of your grandma. This must be a very difficult moment for you. In such moments, taking great care of yourself is what is most important. Binge drinking isn’t doing that. I enjoin you to take a moment and ask yourself if this is what your grandma would have been must proud of it she were to make an unexpected journey back. If the response is NO, kindly stay safe.

Monitor the progress of these spots. Send updates with images to me, and most especially is something changes: Increased pain, change in coloration, increased size or number of spots.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Chobufo Ditah,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana