Suggest remedies for red, sore and itchy rashes and small cuts on the penis

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had a red rash, sore and itching and small cuts on my penis. I have tried over the counter jock itch medicine but it doesn't go away
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer.....could be there is underlying diabetes
Detailed answer....
I gave read your query and understand your concern.
Inflammation with cuts on foreskin of penis along with glans  can be because of poor hygeine,fungal infection or bacterial infection. we call it balanoposthitis.
Sometimes there is underlying diabetes which makes you prone to repeated bacterial and fungal infections.
Treatment involves getting your self tested for blood sugar levels,applying antibiotic and antifungal oint,sometimes oral antibiotics and maintaining proper hygeine by washing it with warm water.
Consult your doctor for the prescription and investigations.
In case diabetes is detected,then tight control of blood sugar levels is advised.
In case your infection is re occuring every now and then, then ideal treatment would be to get yourself circumcised.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 hours later
I was circumcised at birth. I shower everyday and wash before applying lotrimin.

It is not on the gland portion of the penis but lower
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
It would be better to upload a picture so that I can comment better about it.
Thanks