Suggest remedies for red lumps on ears and nose

Dr. Rajaram KG

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 30 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: How much will cost my question?

my email: YYYY@YYYY

I use home remedies, like red lamp on my ears and nose. i also use what we use in Europe: blue light from round mirrored surfaced lamp. this helps me. i know that if i would stay home and away from AC i could be healed. But i need to work.
many people do not understand me, including those doctors. That is why they prescribed me those medicines for depression. Of course i am upset when I am in pain. But when i am not in pain I am happy. of course most of the time i am in pain. i browsed internet and found people like me. it is small amount of people, but they exist. many people have exactly my symptoms, many have less pain, some more or different problems. But all of them say that people and doctors do not believe them. only my family believe me: my husband and my grown children.
Thank XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajaram KG 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi my dear,

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concern.

Air con (AC) is not well tolerated by many people. Apart muscular issues, it can cause an infection of respiratory tract called Legionaries disease.

Thankfully you are not having that.

If your work requires to stay in an air con room, then, try to go out frequently during work time. That can help. Tell this to your boss. If you start shivering, gently ask your boss or technicians to gradually increase the temperature of the AC.

Another problem comes from mold or bacteria or other pollution of the AC filters. Discuss with your boss about changing the filters and cleaning the AC regularly.

If you have a small window next to your desk, open it gradually until the required temperature (leak from outside).

Hope this helps.
Dr.Sejdini

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rajaram KG 14 hours later
Dear doctor! I carefully read your instructions twice. Unfortunately most of your advices are not doable: This office temperature cannot be controlled. it is huge city office, people suffer from different issues which AC cause. the dust like you said make other people suffer. They not going to clean or change filters. They ask tons of doctor's papers from others, so nobody wants to deal with management. But my problem is different. I do not have window near me. I cannot ask anything else from my management: they already relocated me, which I thought will never happen. I am just concerned about my health after relocation: i became very sensitive, even my lower back in pain from AC. All winter I wore double layered wool winter hat in the office. This hat I usually wore outside during the winter.
Now I have to wear it in the office. The only thing I could do (what you said) is going out of my cubicle more often. my question was- How can I make myself stronger, so I would not feel AC the way I feel. I suffer. It is very painful. I also want to know why doctor's prescribing me antidepressants, instead of treating my symptoms ?
Answered by Dr. Rajaram KG 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi back my dear,

I understand your concern.

Unfortunately, you are sensitive to ac, so cannot do anything for that. Multivitamins supplements can help strengthen your immunity.

The only solution is to avoid exposure to ac, which unfortunately you cannot.

Pain killers, muscle relaxant and supplements can help.
Antidepressants will help face better the bad effects of AC. They will work more on your psychological behavior to help you work better.

All the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina