• question-icon

Suggest remedies for recurring fungal infection in toenails and vagina

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I have repeated fungal infections on my toenails, in between toes, and in my vagina.
Generally I feel I have candida overgrowth
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get. your wet KOH smear.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
There are so many reasons of fungal infection but if you have recurrent fungal infection get your Job wet smear test and plan for pap's smear.
You should maintain your vaginal hygiene, drink a lot of water,use antifungal medicines,avoid sugary products and pills,wear loose fitting undergarments,avoid perfumed soap and detergent and soap,consume healthy and nutritious diet,use probiotics and curd.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN