Suggest remedies for recurrent mouth sores

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: So I just have a quick question. I am continuously getting mouth sores on my tongue. They are the same exact sores in the same exact spots that come on for 48 hours then go away. Then they come right back. This has been going on for about 3 months. I also had a fungal infection on my tongue and just recently I had a fungal infection on my groin. The fungal infection on my tongue is gone after treatment and the fungal infection on my pubic area is going away with treatment as well. However the sores on my tongue keep coming and going. I have seen 3 dentist and a oral surgeon. They did a biopsy on my tongue and it came back as hyperkertosis. The oral surgeon told me not to worry about it that it is common for people with a lot of stress in their life. He said the sores were recurring cankor sore and should start to clear up once I stop stressing so much and stop rubbing my tongue on the front of my teeth. I also had a issue a couple months a go where I had a CT scan done because of stomach pain. It showed I had a enlarged liver and spleen. I went to a Gastro and had all these blood test and other test. The gastro told me I had a fatty liver and if I lose some weight it should go back to normal in the next year. All my blood work and test came back perfect. I used to suffer from heart burn but since going to the gastro I was able to get it under control. So having all these issues and reading the internet (which I know is my first mistake) makes me wonder if I might have a immunity issue or something else going on. The pain in my side is gone, but the tongue issue really hurts all the time. As I try to connect the dots here I feel like I need to make sure I dont have any other issues. The doctors keep telling me that stress is causing this. I have blood work done every 6 weeks because I am on Testosterone injections every two weeks and my blood work is still coming back normal. Could this all just be stress?
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apthous ulcers.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. From your description, these seem to be apthous ulcers.

2. The most common causes of these are stress, acid reflux, indigestion, vitamin deficiency, zinc deficiency, hormonal changes and so on.

3. Request your doctor to start Tab. Rebagen (rebamipide) 100 mg thrice a day x 2 weeks, Lexanox (5% amlexanox) gel, Anti reflux medication (such as rabeprazole with levosulpiride), Vitamin and mineral supplements.You can add Candid Mouth Paint if any fungal infection is suspected. Anti inflammatory medication and medicated gargkes will help relieve pain.

4. These are common symptoms in many patients and not necessarily an indicator of infections or low iimmunity.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sumit Bhatti 11 minutes later
It did, I will contact my Doctor today for these.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Kindly let me know the progress.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T