Suggest remedies for pulled muscle in the back

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Back Pain
Question: I pulled the muscle right side of back just above the waste. It runs up half way to my shoulders. What to do ?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Painkiller and immobilization

Detailed Answer:

Any muscle got pulled gets inflammed. Appliation of ice immediately after injury will be helpful.

Since its part of axial musculature and active most of times, simple oral pain killer do not help. I recommend application of Diclofenac dermal patch. One changed every day for three days.

Also, immobilizing the muscle and joint around is essential for it to heal. You may have to wear a upper back support belt for the same.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Posture-Corrector-Brace-Orthopaedic-Comfortable-UPPER-Back-Support-Firm-Lumbar-/0000

Belt in the above link is suitable for the above condition.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T