Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

158 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest remedies for problem in retracting foreskin behind the glans during intercourse

Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions

Posted on Wed, 27 Apr 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am facing difficulties with intercourse without protection. The foreskin gets pulled back and at that moment it gets very painful. Have Tried pulling the foreskin back manually but it is too painful so cant. I tried pulling back after massaging with warm water, but was not successful.

Me and my wife would want to plan a baby, but because of this problem we are not able to would appreciate guidance for this

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it may be due to frenulum breve, surgery is the best option

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Thanks for writing to us.

Your history suggests that you have some problem in retracting foreskin behind the glans. It can be due to short frenulum (an elastic band of tissue under the glans penis that connects to the foreskin and helps contract it over the glans). It is called frenulum breve. You have already tried manually but it is painful. It can be corrected through minor plastic surgery called frenuloplasty.

Other possibility is phimosis in which foreskin is too much contracted so cannot be retracted back. In this condition surgery is the best option. Circumcision is the choice of surgery. It is day care procedure. And you can be discharged on the same day.

Consulting surgeon for examination and appropriate surgical intervention is the best approach you should follow now.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Plastic surgery

doctor1 MD

HI. Drs. I am 29. I have Lipomatosis and have more or less 100 lipomas around my body. I have heard about a removal with liposuction assisted with laser. With minimun scars. This procedure is being done By Dr Hebe Blanco in Argentina. Could any of you tell me about this procedure.? Thank you for your help.

doctor1 MD

I have itchy pea sized lumps on my inner thighs. Pelvic area each side of my lower stomach. And under my breasts. Started out with one about 3 months ago but now there are about 3 on each side of stomach and thighs also 3 on pubic area and one under each breast. They are very itchy lumps

doctor1 MD

I have been dealing with extreme itch and burning on my left labia minora for the past 5 mo. I have been tested and treated for everything. Today I noticed a Fisher right where itch and pain have been coming from. I am frustrated with the doctors who only what to biopsy. Is there something I can to to heal the fisher? It has gone on far too long and the doctors say it s a nerve problem but I know it is not.

doctor1 MD

I have had deep cysts in my underarms and upper inner thigh area. They are often painful and drain either by pressure or on their own. They typically appear right before I menstruate. I have a cream to apply for treatment but I am wondering if I can get microdermabrasion to help with the discoloration from scarring and for just a smoother unclogged underarm.

doctor1 MD

I am interested in having a breast lift and implants...I am 59 years good health! I am a bit scared, never had any surgery before, lol, not looking to be Dolly Parton, but want to fill a bra properly! May you recommend to me an excellent...

doctor1 MD

Hello, this question is for a dermatologist or a general surgeon . I suffer from multiple lipomas in my arms, thighs and back. My questions: 1) Is there a treatment available for lipomas to stop them from growing or increasing in size? 2) If...

doctor1 MD

My whole scalp is now a (Gel). I went to Specialists Dermatologist Dr's etc. They did many biopsies took pictures and only told me it's in GRANULAR ???? I just want some medicine to heal it, or to have it removed or Plastic Surgery to fix it. I...