Suggest remedies for problem in retracting foreskin behind the glans during intercourse

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 27 Apr 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am facing difficulties with intercourse without protection. The foreskin gets pulled back and at that moment it gets very painful. Have Tried pulling the foreskin back manually but it is too painful so cant. I tried pulling back after massaging with warm water, but was not successful.

Me and my wife would want to plan a baby, but because of this problem we are not able to would appreciate guidance for this

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it may be due to frenulum breve, surgery is the best option

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Your history suggests that you have some problem in retracting foreskin behind the glans. It can be due to short frenulum (an elastic band of tissue under the glans penis that connects to the foreskin and helps contract it over the glans). It is called frenulum breve. You have already tried manually but it is painful. It can be corrected through minor plastic surgery called frenuloplasty.

Other possibility is phimosis in which foreskin is too much contracted so cannot be retracted back. In this condition surgery is the best option. Circumcision is the choice of surgery. It is day care procedure. And you can be discharged on the same day.

Consulting surgeon for examination and appropriate surgical intervention is the best approach you should follow now.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.