Suggest remedies for premature ejaculation

Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Men's Health
Question: Hi I am 33 yrs old and quick falling problem of sperm just in few seconds and most anxiety about sex and fear.please suggest me.And also sometimes sperm get out about think for sex
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Premature ejaculation; follow as advised

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.

I understand your concern.
You are having a problem called premature ejaculation. It is quite common in males and the main cause is anxiety and tension; some factors like thyroid problems, infection etc just contributory.
So as the problem is mostly psychological, the treatment is a combination of medicine and counselling.
I would suggest you the following-

Healthy diet, lots of water orally.
Relaxation, avoiding anxiety and tension; meditation and other relaxation techniques should be helpful.
Counselling by a counselor or psychologist about the subject of sex and the fear and common problems associated with it.
Pelvic muscle strengthening exercises.
Drugs like paroxetine or fluoxetine are very helpful when used alongwith behavioral therapy or counselling. Some prefer sildenafil or tadalafil alongwith, but unless erectile dysfunction is associated, there is no need of drugs like these.

You can consult the above with your treating or family doctor and get these prescribed.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 2 hours later
If you can suggest me any medicine for these reasons I should helpful about this. Thanks a lot Dr. Dattagupta.
Brief Answer:
Paroxetine or fluoxetine

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you for writing back.

I have already mentioned few drugs for such problem.
Paroxetine is much used in premature ejaculation. Also fluoxetine and sertraline etc are quite effective.
You will need a doctors prescription for these drugs.

Hope this helps.
Regards.