Suggest remedies for poor weight gain and weakness in a pancreatic cancer survivor

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am 82, a 15 yr. pancreatic cancer survivor, type 2 diabetic, weigh 118, concerned about losing 1-2 lbs, weekly, feel better at 130 or above, and more energetic. I believe in using HOLISTIC medications. Need to gain about 12-15 lbs as quickly as possible.
Thank you,
XXXX

Fri, 25 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It eould tske 4-8 weeks minimum to gain 12 lbs.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query my dear patient,
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answer is-
In order to gain weight fast you have to be in a caloric surplus state.Your body could gain weight only when you are taking 300 calories more then your maintainence calorie.
Try to increase uptake of poly and mono unsaturated fatty acid in your food.
Take 2 table spoon full of peanut butter every day.It causes fast gaining.
Increase amount of lean protein in your diet.
You could also take protein supplementation 30 gram per day(available in form of powder).
Increase intake of chick peas,Red kidney beans,Take 2 egg yolks a day,Take chicken legs along with breast alternate day.
If you can’t digest a heavy diet then a mass gainer or meal replacement shake can be taken.That would cause you to gain weight fast.
Take 100 grams of cottage cheese daily before going to bed.
Hope i was helpful.

Thanks!