Suggest remedies for polymicrobal infection of urinary tract
Few days back, again same complain of urine infection has emerged. Kindly suggest me a permanent medical solution.
Possible polymicrobial resistant UTI.
I can certainly understand your concern.
I have worked through your query in detail.
As per your described symptoms, the possibility of resistant or mixed polymicrobial infection of urinary tract is high in case of your mother.
It's pretty important to get the renal imaging at the earliest to rule out the possibility of Acute pyelonephritis (an infection if kidneys), which is common in diabetics.
Likewise, it's important to go for urine culture and sensitivity testing to determine the right choice of antibiotic.
After giving the sample for Urine C/S, I advise her to start oral pills of FLUCONAZOLE 200 mg once a day for 3 days.This will eliminate possible fungal pathogens.
Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these pills to her.
Further management if any is based on imaging and urinary culture results.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosed with urinary tract infection prescribed with antibiotics suggestions
- Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection
- Suggest treatment for recurring urinary tract infection
- Elchuris remedies for urinary tract infection in infants
- Suffer cellulitis and urinary tract infection suggestions
- Suggest antibiotics for urinary tract infections
- Clarithromycin urinary tract infection
- Fluoxetine urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection please suggest me
- Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection and vaginal infection