Suggest remedies for pimples with whitehead around the lips

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 8 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,
I woke up and had a whitehead on the border of my lip. I popped it and it feels like there is still a hard head deeper in the skin and is slightly painful, but not very. I just want to be sure it is a pimple a not a cold sore. I have had pimples along my lips before and have never had a blistering cold sore and it does not at all look like a blister, but I know sometime it is hard to tell. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not a cold sore

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM Forum . Thanks for writing on to us with your health query. I have seen the lesion on the lip and it doesn't look like cold sore. It more likely appears to be a pimple and since you have punctured it ,it is more difficult to tell. Although cold sore come in clusters and are not singular lesions. If there is another outbreak then don't puncture it , first take a picture and send to us. Regards Dr Manisha Jain.