• question-icon

Suggest remedies for pimples on the face

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hello,
I am a 54 year old female and I am two years into menopause. I my face is very oily now and I have pimples like I did at thirteen years. What can I do about my face? I have tried cleaning my face twice a day sometimes three times. I have been without sex for four years and I tried it one times in January since then I went back to no sex. My body keeps craving for sex. I just want to wait until Mr. Right comes. What can I do?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Increased testosterone levels

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Pimples can occur in the old age due to the increased testosterone and decreased estrogen levels in the body after menopause.
You can apply clindamycin ointment on the face for relief.
Increased libido can also be due to increased testosterone levels.
You should consult an OBGYN specialist for proper evaluation and get free testosterone levels to confirm the exact diagnosis and get the further treatment accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine