Suggest remedies for pimples on face

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Nov 2014 in Acne
Question: Hello doctor, I have very bad pimples on my face with whitehead pimples. Can you suggest any medicine that cure it. AND IT HURTS WHEN I WASH MY FACE. I HAVE BEEN USE ORGANIC HONEY AS MASK BUT AND HYDRCORTISONE CREAM, BUT IT DOESNT WORK.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acne vulgaris

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM..

I read history and saw photo you posted. You suffer from acne vulgaris.I would like to say few things about acne vulgaris. Acne vulgaris is a multifactorial disease. Stress,hormonal imbalance,oily food,drugs like steroid...etc . It is relapsing disease and it heals and recurs often. One should take regular treatment for long time or till good result.

I usually give underlying treatment in my patients..

- cap minocycline 50 mg daily in morning
- tab isotretinoin in low dose 5 mg at night , avoided in pregnant and lactating women
- application of clindamycine gel in morning
- applivation of adapalene gel at night on lesions
- cleansing the face with antiseptic face wash like cetaphil

You consult dermatologist for firm diagnosis and treatment. Take regular treatment till good result. Have patience.

I hope this would be helpful to you. Still, any query..you may adk.

Thanks..

Have healthy life.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju