Suggest remedies for pigmentation on face
After consulting a dermatologist a few months ago I have implemented the following methods to reduce the pigmentation.
1. I apply photobloc (spf 50) every day three times, even when I am at home to prevent exposure to uv rays.
2. As per the dermat's recommendation I apply Kojivit plus every alternate days in the night before sleep, and on other days I apply Ban a tan cream in the night before going to bed.
I have done this for about three months now but I am not seeing any visible changes. I am afraid that the pigmentation is becoming more prominent.
Can you please recommend what I should do to completely get rid of this?
I suggest a kligman formula based cream for initiation of treatment
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have also reviewed the image.
You seem to have Melasma, a condition which presents with asymptomatic brown patches on sun exposed skin of face.
You may use a cream triple drug combination i.e based on Kligman formula e.g tretinoin+hydrquinone+hydrocortisone in addition to the sunscreen. This formula/combination is preferred for initiation of treatment in melasma and usually produces good results in most patients in about 2-3 months. Thereafter this combination cream based on kligman formula is changed to a milder preparation like kojivit or ban-a-tan (those which you are currently using) for maintenance of improvement. Sunscreen use is a must for these to be effective.
Creams based on kligman formula/ modified kligman formula are prescription products and should be used under supervision of a dermatologist because they can cause irritation. In any case these creams should not be used longer than 2-3months because they are steroid based. However these creams based on kligman formula are effective for initiation of treatment in melasma because of dramatic and excellent impoivement in melasma.
Hello Doctor, I did not see a response for my previous question. Can you also let me know if a lazer treatment would be a better solution to my skin condition? If that's a faster healing process then I could consider that.
Sunscreen during the day and depigmenting cream at night
I apologize for some delay in my reply.
You may use Sebamed sunscreen spf 50 during the day. Reapply every 2-3 hours. At night you may use Clearz XXXXXXX Or Lumacip plus or Triglow M cream, only at the pigmented patch. All these creams are based on kligman's formula. However, you should not use these creams for more than 2-3 months. Once the initial response has been achieved with one of these creams should be substituted by an safer alternative like kojivit or ban a XXXXXXX cream (those which you are already using now)
There is no laser treatment that works for melasma.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from diabetics dark pigmentation on face taking treatment suggestions
- I am suffering from hyper pigmentation suggest me the remedy
- Suggest remedy for clearing tan on face
- Suggest a good remedy for acne on face
- Suggest treatment for pigmentation on face and recurrence of acne
- What is the remedy for pigmentation white spots on face
- Having pigmentation on face due to exposure to sunlight remedy
- Suggest possible medication for pigmentation on face
- Suggest remedy to reduce pigmentation and scarring
- Face pigmentation home remedy
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body