Suggest remedies for persistent stomach flu

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My son had the stomach flu 4 days ago and he has white stool now, still hurting, and has bad heartburn. His back and right side are hurting to the point of him staying in bed. I have a doctors appointment for Wednesday but I don't know if I should wait till then. He leaves in two weeks for boot camp.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
would get him to a doctor today

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
This is a long time for a stomach flu to persist. The white stool and pain being so severe is also concerning.
I suggest that you get him to an urgent care today if possible so that he can get a clear diagnosis and treatment.
He will need as much time as possible to get healed up before starting boot camp.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Dr. Robinson