question-icon

Suggest remedies for persistent pain in left shoulder

Posted on Thu, 21 Jul 2016
Question: I have a shoulder pain for a week on top of my left shoulder. I used asprin crreme with lanocaine but i still have it. It doesn't stop me from doing my daily activities. This came on suddenly and i still have it about a week
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
course of pain killers

Detailed Answer:

Were you hurt during your routine?
It is better to get an Xray to check for the involvement of the bones.
Topical creams would not help and since you had already tried them.
Meantime I suggest you to take TAB MOTRIN/ADVIL 200mg thrice a day for two days. Please use caution while taking these medicines if you already have kidney problems or gastritis or acidity issues.

Hope this addresses your concern, let me know if you have questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (37 hours later)
more likely its bursitis
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (11 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Bursitis improves with ADVIL

Detailed Answer:

Bursitis improves with steroid course but the painful movement would can be eased with MOTRIN.
Bursitis can be diagnosed on clinical examination and during the same time a course of steroids would help for quick recovery and movements.
I suggest you should meet a Orthopedic surgeon.
Let me know his opinion after examination.

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam