Suggest remedies for persistent itching on the hips

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I'm a 43 year old woman and for the past 5 months my hips are very ichie I tried lotion and creams but it doesn't help for long. I also have utteran fibroids and never had such a painful period untill last month!! Not sure what I should do at this point.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fibroids need repeat evaluation

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Uterine fibroids enlarge with age and could be possible reason for painful periods. Please get it rechecked to know the status of fibroids now.

Long standing itching in perineum and hip area is likely to be due to fungal infection. I suggest you apply antifungal cream to hip to cure itch as this appears to be fungal infection.

Let me know if you need anymore help.