• question-icon

Suggest remedies for persistent fever

Posted on Mon, 23 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have had a fever for the last 5 days, 2 days ago I went to the er, they ran tests for all know lethal viral infections and for 28 strands of flu, also a chest X-ray, which all test came back neg, they said I have some kind of viral infection but not one that's lethal. They put me on the antiviral drug XXXXXXX flu I am on day 3 of that meds my fever has not yet subsided bit has not gotten over 100.6, I even waited almost 8 hours since I took my last dose of Tylenol. I am so tired and need to get better any advice?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tamiflu

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Tamiflu contains oseltamivir which is used for treatment of influenza and swine flu. Blood counts , urine routine exam and blood culture can be advised to look for an abnormality. Physical exam to reassess for any focus of infection including head ENT and neck exam should be done to treat empirically with antibiotics. The fever is not spiking and high grade. You should continue the same treatment for now. Take adequate fluids and use Tylenol 6 to 8 hourly for symptomatic relief.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil