Suggest remedies for persistent fever and itchy bumps on wrist and legs
I mistyped my email, it is YYYY@YYYY
It could be viral illness or hand foot mouth disease or viral exanthem
Hi...By what you quote it could be viral illness or hand foot mouth disease or viral exanthem. Can you please upload the images of the skin lesions so that I can guide you further.
It could be any viral exanthematous illness. But as you quote them as little bumbs on the elbows and wrists - the possibilities are Hand Foot Mouth disease/ Chicken pox/ any other trivial viral exanthem.
I suggest you to upload photographs of the same on this website, so that I can guide you scientifically.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
Looks like fever induces urticaria - not Hand foot mouth disease
Hi...By the image I see it should be an urticarial or a simple skin allergy. You can use Hydroxyzine at 1-2mg/kg/dose every 6th to 8th hourly for 7-10 days. This is a prescription drug and you will need one for it.
Most important thing to be remembered is that it has a propensity to recur (called as second crop) within 10-14 days. If this happens, you can start using the same medicine but I suggest you get the kid evaluated with your paediatrician.
I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it. Please find the link below -
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for persisting fever even after using medications
- Suggest treatment for persistant fever with cold and sore throat
- Causes of persistent fever
- Persistent fever
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever with cold and stomach upset
- Suffering from cough chills fever taking tylenol persistent fever suggestions
- Persisting fever during typhoid treatment advised stopping all antibiotics suggestion
- Persistent fever and headache
- Persistent fever 994 after paratyphoid
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and sore muscle