Suggest remedies for persistent cough

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
4 years old male coghfing for more than 2 weeks every night he has so much clear flame that he vomit, I took him to the ER and they say is a virus. I know he put a booton in his nose and we were unable to get it out. He was taken to other ER and they did an x-ray on him and they say that nothing appears in the nose. All this vomit at night due to the cough for almost 2 weeks is exhausting for him. Please help. Thank you.
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of allergic bronchitis is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
First of all no need to worry for button in nose as his x ray is clear.
Persistent cough in 4 year old child can be due to allergic etiology.
Another possibility is lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI).
So better to consult pediatrician and start anti allergic (montelukast) and antihistamine (levocetrizine) combination.
Also get done chest x ray if not done recently.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing him good health. Thanks.