Suggest remedies for persistent cough

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Dec 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Have no fever and feel fine but have a productive cough that won't go away.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of bronchitis is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
It can cause cough with expectoration without fever.
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done clinical examination of respiratory system, chest x ray and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
Chest x ray is needed to rule out other lung diseases, other than bronchitis.
PFT is must for the diagnosis of bronchitis.
It will also tell you about severity of the disease and treatment is based on severity only.
You may need inhaled bronchodilators (formoterol or salmeterol) and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) (budesonide or fluticasone).
Don't worry, you will be alright with all these.
Please let me know if you have done these tests or not.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad