Suggest remedies for persistent cough, wheezing and breathing difficulties

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Inhaled pill and I believe it's stuck in trachea/lung. Impaired breathing, but not completely. Coughing won't stop but getting better, can't take a deep breath, lots of wheezing. Pain just off centre right of breast. Highly dissolvable anti-inflammatory. I'm with a nurse and not critical. Is there any problem to my lungs to have pill 'dissolve' in there? Can I / should I expedite the dissolution of the pill covering head with towel and breathing in steam?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Steam will help

Detailed Answer:

Inhalation of steam will surely soothen the respiratory tract and parts where the pill has touched. You can take steam inhalations.

Some preparations of medications get absorbed by lung tissue and some do not. I would like to know which pill was it exactly.

Kindly mention the brand name and dosage of the medication. I can then comment on the outcome specifically considering the type and form of preparation.

Waiting for your reply