Suggest remedies for persistent cough, cold, running nose and fever in an infant

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
My daughter is 1year 6months old..she is having cough and cold with running nose since yesterday and from today she got fever too. Fever is coming around 100 - 101. On giving crocin it came down but again came after 5 hrs. Kindly advice
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to a viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I have gone through your question and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms occur due to certain viral infections. Irrespective of treatment, it usually lasts for 5-7 days. If she is otherwise active and playful you need not worry. Give her Crocin when needed. Give her Cetirizine to take care of the running nose.

Please be patient. She will soon be fine. However, if she becomes lethargic you will have to rush her to a hospital without delay.

Thanking you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng