Suggest Remedies For Persistent Cold And Cough In A Diabetic Patient
No you are wrong.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Let me assure you that cough and cold is usually caused due to certain viral infections. Gastritis would not give rise to such symptoms. Diabetes could lower your immunity and make you more prone to repeated infections.
Taking steam inhalation should provide relief.
but when I take antacids, it works & I feel relief from cough..
Likely to be due to GERD
Thanks for writing back. It seems that you are having gastroesophageal reflux. The regurgitant stomach acids cause irritation and thereby cough. Neutralization of the acids by the use of antacids provides relief.
In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Take omeprazole once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I could help further.
Thanks for your advise.I have taken the prior said medicines app. 40 days. Kindly let me know, if I need more medicines or not? I don't intake alcohol. But have constipation cause by medicines for Diabetes & heart problem. I drink app 2.5 litres of water daily. In normal days curd is very suitable to me, but in these days it increases my cough.
Glad to be of service
Thanks for writing back.
Even if you skip the medicines to decrease acid secretion, there are other steps to be followed as mentioned. The constipation is not caused due to medicines for diabetes; constipation occurs due to lack of adequate fibers in diet. On the other hand, curd does not aggravate cough. Cough has no correlation with curd.
Feel free to write back.