• question-icon

Suggest remedies for persistent belching

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi, I cant stop burping/belching. This has been going on for 6/7 days now. It doesnt matter what i eat or drink, I burp/belch all day. Iv tried all the anti acid drugs that u can get at the local pharmacy. I even been taking a prescription called "Raberazole Sodium 20MG" for about 4 days now and it doesnt help. Iv takin Raberazole Sodium 2 or 3 seperate occasions and it always works after one or two pills, and the symptoms arnt the same as before either. I REALLY WANT THIS BURPING GAS TO GO AWAY IDK WHAT TO DO. I experimented cocaine for the first and last time about 7 days ago idk if that could have triggered it. That night I tried it I was also drinking vodka and smoking weed, then i tried 2 lines. Just giving u some backround information. Im not a drug addict i just experimented. PLEASE HELP VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND AGONISING. Help......
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
GERD, inadequate PPI dose

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on the history that you gave, its most likely to be GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux disease) which you are suffering from. The cocaine, vodka and smoking weed all three and especially in combination could have been the possible trigger.

Rabeprazole 20 mg is usually not enough , especially in severe GERD/Gastritis. The dose should be 20 mg twice a day in addition to a pro kinetic like metoclopramide. This combination will give you adequate results. This should be advised for at least a week. If the symptoms persist or recur despite treatment with PPIs then H pylori testing and upper GI endoscopy should be considered for further workup.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for your answer. Here for a follow up, does GERD ever go away? How long does it take for it to go away? And btw i dont get a heartburn or anything, its only a burping/belching problem gas that wont go away so i keep burping. Please tell me I wont have to suffer from this for the rest of my life, im only 22 ....
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

For some people , its a life long struggle , commonly in obese, sedentary and individuals with hiatal hernia.

For many, its a transient disorder associated with certain foods or diet habits or stress. With proper medication, it resolves within 24 hours.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil