Suggest remedies for persistent acid reflux and gastritis

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Yes, I am having lots of gas all day and going number 2 many times 3-4. This just started in last 4 days.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stool routine test should be done to rule out bacterial or protozoal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per the history given by you you are suffering from mild gastroenteritis with disturbed gut flora.
We have good bacterial colonies in our gut which help in proper digestion of food.Disturbance in this normal flora of gut due to viral bacterial or protozoal infection can cause severe bloating belching with loose stools or frequent defecation.

Suggestion,
VSL#3 twice daily(probiotic)-Help to restore depleted gut flora.
Start taking Omeprazole 40 mg once daily(to help with gas).
Take Imodium 4 mg stat followed by 2mg twice daily(to control stools).
All are over the counter.
Go for a stool routine and microscopy test.
Antibiotic and anti protozoal can be taken if the test turns up to be positive.
Take light and easily digestible food.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj