Suggest remedies for paranoia

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Thu, 16 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had a woman put her mouth on my penis for about a minute unprotected. then I put on a condom to receive oral. what are the real chances I have an STI?

it has been almost 3 weeks and I have no symptoms at all that something is awry but I do have extreme paranoia because I have never strayed and that is the case here.

the woman was in her 30s and it was literally a minute before I told her to stop so I could put on a condom. I have had a test done. awaiting results.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV and STI.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
First of all, that girl could be free from any STI and HIV. Then there is no risk at all for you.
With regards to HIV, as per CDC XXXXXXX Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV transmission. (https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html)
Low means it is much lower than 4-8 per 10000 exposures (risk of vaginal sex). Then you can imagine your risk.
STI risk through oral sex is very very low to the insertive partner than the recipient especially in the absence of any symptoms like ulcer over mouth. Time duration of oral unprotected exposure for one minute has nothing to with to alter the risk of HIV/STI.
At the same time, we should accept the fact that medicine is not simple mathematics to get a constant answer.
Dr S.Murugan