Suggest remedies for panic attacks

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: my son has been suffering from panic attacks, can you recommend any over the counter suppliments? he is a college junior and might be suffer the stress of succeeding in school.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
St Johns Wort can tried

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for asking from HCM

For severe panic attacks medicines are needed and most of medicines are prescription drugs. But some of supplements like St. Johns Wort or L-Theanine can be used. St Johns Wort has actions almost similar to benzodiazepines and help to control anxiety symptoms.

L-Theanine can also be used for severe anxiety. The supplement is available in tablet form and is available OTC too.

You can try either of these and his panic will be control control.

Thanks, Take care. Hope this helps you. Please don't hesitate to ask again for more doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad