• question-icon

Suggest remedies for panic attack

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: I took 60mg of Cymbalta 7 hours ago and 45mg of Oxycontin 4 and a half hours ago and then 1mg of Xanax 3 hours ago and 10mg of Oxycontin 30 minutes ago. I am starting to have a very bad panick attack and i am wondering if I will be okay with the medication I have already taken and which of my prescriptions would be safest to take right now for this panic attack, 1mg of Xanax, 1mg of Klonopin or 1mg of Ativan. I am going to an addiction treatment center tomorrow morning with my brother but im worried im going to overdose before i ever get there, i know i have a problem but please help with my question as i am starting yo have a terrible panick attack.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Xanax will be the best choice

Detailed Answer:
Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Icliniq.

I read your query and understand your concerns about ongoing panic attack.

Xanax will be the best choice for immediate control of panic attack. You can take one mg xanax further in addition to the present dose if you do not feel ok after half an hour of xanax ntake.

I need to explain that cymbalta and oxycodone do not have any significant interaction with xanax in therapeutic dose range. It is safe to go upto 2 mg of xanax with current prescription as stated above.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist