Suggest remedies for painful urination after a vaginal bladder sling surgery
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. History of bladder and vagial sling surgery with painful micturition and catheter in place for 5 days now presenting with painful micturition is likely urinary tract infection. Phenazopyridine are not helping because these alone are not sufficient. You need a complete work up of urine routine exam as well as cultures to sort out the possible cause of UTi and meanwhile starting on prophylactic antibiotics along with supportive care of painkillers and good hygiene and abstinence from catheterization and if needed only intermittent one.
Talk to your urologist or ObGyn and let them run some labs and treat you for possible UTi.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
Needs work up
Thank you for getting back to me
As i mentioned UTI is more likely because vatheter in place for 24 hours only make the odds of UTI 100% not to speak of 5 days. Also with recent surgery it could be merely an inflammatory response of the genitals and urinary tract. Work up on follow up will sort things out with meanwhile efforts at supportive therapies will help.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bladder pain frequent urination cerclage
- Full bladder after urination
- Bloody pus in urine and bladder pain
- Constantly urinating full bladder even after urinating
- Gall bladder surgery urination
- Blood in urine after gall bladder surgery
- Bladder full cant urinate and in pain
- Feeling of pinched bladder after urinating
- Difficulty urinating after a full bladder
- Bladder pain at the end of urination