question-icon

Suggest remedies for painful toe

Posted on Mon, 25 Jul 2016
Question: My toe next to the big toe is in pain. I believe I may have banged it and it is bruised. I have been icing it for the past few days and that seems to help. I think the toe is bruised. when I press on it, the pain gets worse. the other toes are fine when I oress on them. I have now taped the toe to the big toe and am going to see if that helps.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Also, take Tylenol for pain control!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this painful toe. As you mentioned, probably a minor trauma. The fact that you retain no memory means it was probably minute and there is no chance that you could have sustained a fracture. The best way forward is to continue with pain management by adding tylenol. Report progress to me for further evaluation and guidance.

I hope this helps. I wish you and your friend well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Dr. Chobufo Ditah