Suggest remedies for pain in the testicles in an elderly person

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Male, 62, I am experiencing a gradual increase in testicular sac constriction. It is now getting painful at times as it gets so tight the testes go up into the groin area. It is not temp related as it is in the 90's here. The Penis tends to shrink also.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are likely to have freely XXXXXXX testes may be with Inguinal hernia

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed your testicle moving up in to groin and getting severe pain .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1)Is this problem of testicle moving up is long standing since child hood or is it recent development .?
2) Do you have swelling in groin that pops out on coughing ,straining ?

This is most likely to be due to freely XXXXXXX testes associated with Inguinal Hernia.and needs to be confirmed .

Consult qualified General surgeon for clinical examination and get following basic tests to establish diagnosis .
1) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis
2) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
This is a constriction of sac more than testes accending into groin. Problem has been progressing for maybe ten years or so. Had a bad two weeks recently where it was constantly painful for being two tight and thats when one testes went into the groin as there was no where else to be. No swelling or reaction to coughing.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

You are most likely to have Inguinal Hernia and needs to be confirmed by qualified General surgeon and ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis..

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 11 days later
Good answer, however it was not the case. No hernia. Please let me now if there are any other possibilities.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NHave you carried out the tests suggested earlier

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Have you consulted qualified general surgeon and done the tests suggested earlier ?

Diagnosis of your problrm can be done only on clinical examination in person and ultrasound scanning of abdomen and scrotum .

Please go ahead and get the tests done and do write with reports .

Thanks and Regards

dr. Patil.