• question-icon

Suggest remedies for pain in right buttock and right leg

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: pain on right back side over right buttock and it really hurt to make a step on right leg, pain is bad. The pain has been there for five or six days have rub it with bi-o-freeze and have taking Tylenol Extra Strength for the pain and little relief. What is it please tell me?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Muscle strain

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.

Is there any history of injury or strain?

It appears you may have strained the muscles of buttock. I would suggest the following-
Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain
Ice packing once in every 2 hours over the affected area
Moist heat application to relax the muscles
Local application of muscle relaxant gel.
Instead of Tylenol, I would have prescribed you aceclo mr twice daily for 2 days, you can ask for similar combination at your place. You can discuss with this with your consulting doctor.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Ashwini Kolur