Suggest remedies for pain in foot post an injury
You need to get an X-ray done.
Thanks for posting your query.
You have heard a pop and there is swelling on the outside of ankle. After a sudden cramp on the foot, appearance of pain, swelling with skin color changes, tenderness, etc are all indicative of hematoma formation either due to a soft tissue injury or due to a hairline fracture.
For diagnosis it is important to get an x-ray foot and a MRI scan of the area done. X-rays are very sensitive for picking up any fracture and MRI is one of the best tests for ruling out and identifying soft tissue injuries in the area of fall.
I recommend you to consult an Orthopedician for proper examination and required investigations.
1. Do a cold compress on the area of injury.
2. Avoid weight bearing on the foot.
3. Keep the foot elevated on two pillows while resting.
4. Get some mild pain killers prescribed from your doctor.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in the foot chances of a stress injury
- Shin bone injury swelling and foot ankle painful
- Suggest treatment for post injury scar
- What is the remedy for foot pain after an injury
- Severe foot pain without injury
- Sudden foot pain no injury
- Foot pain no injury
- Suggest treatment for foot injury in a baby
- Is stomach pain post injury serious
- Pain in the scrotum due to injury suggestions