Suggest remedies for pain in elbow and arm
rest is needed
repeated movements of the fingers and a bad stance may cause orthopedic problems like tendinitis, which heal very slowly. In the most severe cases immobilization (casting) is employed. In less severe cases, rest and avoidance of any movement that causes discomfort is the way to go. NSAID may help with the pain but using them frequently increases the risk for side effects including peptic ulcer, kidney damage, liver damage, worsening of hypertension, etc.
In the future you should take the correct stance and use wrist support to avoid similar problems. Since you've had this problem once, you're prone to tendinitis again in the future, so you've got be careful.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Anterior shoulder pain when lifting arm with bent elbow suggestions
- Left arm pain below elbow
- Throbbing pain in upper arm elbow
- Pain in arm shoots down to elbow
- Pain in left arm inner elbow
- Cause left arm elbow pain
- Pain in neck down arm to elbow
- Pain in elbows lower arms
- Treatment for pain in arms between the elbow
- Arm pain between shoulder and elbow